Purpose of I.D.M.E. is to contribute to public health prevention but also to the development of Nutrition and Health strategies related to eating habits, fitness and general health of Greek and European population.
INSR, by the constant collaboration with renowned several groups of Health Professionals, Private Educational & Research Institutions, Universities & Governmental Organizations as well as companies relevant to medicine and food, aims to fulfill a series of objectives:
- The promotion of food policy in Greece and Europe
- The contribution to the prevention and treatment of obesity
- Promoting cooperation in the field of nutrition, health and strengthening the developing countries of the world with actions of humanitarian and food aid
- Increasing citizen participation in actions to support nutritional health policies
- The promotion of healthy eating patterns in Greece and abroad and the promotion of nutrition education through the organization of information and experiential education programs for the traditional Greek and Mediterranean diet, healthy eating, obesity and physical exercise
- The implementation of communication and information actions to promote healthy living and food safety
- The development and dissemination of best practices for the promotion of health, healthy eating and exercise in children and young people
In order to achieve its goals, a series of actions are foreseen, such as public interventions, legal and other, with the object of promoting its goals. Therefore, INSR aims to regular:
- Participation in -and cooperation with- Greek and international Non-Governmental Organizations, associations, consortia and partnerships with representatives of Civil Society, inside or outside Greece, bodies and bodies of participatory processes (scientific and professional Unions / Associations, Trade Unions and Associations and Students, AEI / TEI, Research Centers and Institutes, Local and Prefectural Bodies, Scientific and Professional Chambers, etc.)
- Public interventions, legal and other, with the object of promoting its goals, such as formulating requests and participation in the social dialogue on issues of nutrition, health, culture, quality of life, social inclusion, and so on.
- Design, implementation, management and coordination: a) Health programs of national, European and international bodies and world organizations, b) Training programs of national, European and international bodies and world organizations, c) Projects and actions of humanitarian, food and medical aid of developing countries, d) Research programs